Thursday, 6 August 2026

Is Outlive Worth Reading?


Recently I read the No. 1 Bestselling book Outlive. The book central argument is compelling: the goal is not simply to live longer, but to extend “healthspan”—the years in which we remain strong, independent, mentally sharp and emotionally well.

For women over 45, this message feels especially relevant. Attia explains why prevention should begin before chronic disease appears, and he gives exercise—particularly strength, stability and cardiovascular fitness—a central role. His discussions of sleep, nutrition and emotional health also encourage a more complete view of ageing.

However, Outlive is not a light or perfectly practical wellness guide. Even so, I found its core message motivating: our later-life health is shaped by choices we begin making now. I recommend Outlive to thoughtful readers ready to question passive ageing and take a more proactive approach to their future health—with realistic expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Is Your Brain Really Destined to Age After 50? Science Suggests Otherwise

  Many of us imagine aging as a one-way journey: memory becomes less reliable,  reactions slow down and the brain gradually begins to shrink...